2020年9月

New Words:

serious [ˈsɪriəs] 严肃的;认真的;重要的;严重的
seriously [ˈsɪriəsli] 严重地;严肃地;认真地;(用于句首,表示转为谈正事)说正经的,说实在的


You can't be serious!(= You must be joking!)
你一定是在开玩笑吧!

I'm not a very serious person.
我不是一个非常严肃的人。

Don't laugh boy. This is serious.
小伙子,别笑,这很严肃。

I hope you're not serious.
我希望你不是认真的。

Seriously, I only smoke in the evenings.
真的,我只在晚上抽烟。

He was seriously ill.
他病的很严重。

They're seriously rich.
他们极为富有。

Seriously?
你说的是真的吗?不是开玩笑的吗?你是认真的吗?

New Words:

joke [dʒəʊk] n. 玩笑,笑话;笑柄; v. 说笑话;开玩笑;闹着玩;说着玩
chopsticks [ˈtʃɒpstɪks] 筷子


You're joking. Are you serious?
你准是在开玩笑。你是认真的吗?

That's only a joke.
那只不过是句玩笑话。

She didn't get the joke.
她不明白那笑话的含义。

I can't tell jokes .
我不会讲笑话。

New Words:

must [mʌst , məst] 必须;一定;应该,得


'You must be Emma,' said Miss Green.
格林小姐说:“你肯定是埃玛。”

You must see a doctor, Wilma.
威尔玛,你一定得去看医生。

You must be joking!
你一定是在开玩笑吧!

I'm sorry, but I must go now.
对不起,但是我得马上走。

rest [rest] 休息;放松
worn out [ˌwɔːrn ˈaʊt] 疲惫不堪;精疲力竭
take a rest = have a rest 休息一下

'You're worn out, Laura,' he said. 'Go home and get some rest.'
“你太累了,劳拉,”他说,“回家休息一下吧。”

You take a rest. Let me do it.
你歇歇,让我来吧。

It's nice and cool here. Let's sit down and have a rest.
这里凉快,坐下来歇会儿。

New Words:

roll [rəʊl] (使)翻滚,滚动;
need [niːd] 需要
them [ðəm] 他们;她们;它们
parent [ˈperənt] 父亲(或母亲)


The ball rolled into the net.
球滚进了网中。

I need to make a phone call.
我要打个电话。

Children need their parents.
孩子们需要父母。

Do you need any help?
你需要帮忙吗?

I need to get some sleep.
我需要睡会儿觉。