2020年11月

button [ˈbʌtn] 纽扣;扣子;(机器的)按钮;
happen [ˈhæpən] 发生


My shirt needs a button.
我的衬衫需要一枚纽扣。

Let me push this button.
让我按一下这个按钮。

That doesn't happen very often.
那不常发生。

This must never happen again.
这种事再也不能发生了。

what do you think will happen?
你认为会发生什么事呢?

someone [ˈsʌmwʌn] 某人
somebody [ˈsʌmbədi] 同 someone
anyone [ˈeniwʌn] 任何人;随便哪个人
fall in love with sb. 爱上某人


I need someone to help me.
我需要有人帮忙。

I fell in love with someone.
我爱上某个人了。

I won't tell anyone I saw you here.
我不会告诉任何人我在这儿见过你。

You needn't talk to anyone if you don't want to.
不想说话的时候,你可以不说。

You never think of anyone but yourself.
你从来不考虑别人,就只顾你自己。

It is time for somebody to do something.
该是某人做某事的时候了。

somewhere [ˈsʌmwer] 在某处;到某处;某个地方
anywhere [ˈeniwer] 任何地方;随便哪个地方


I know it's here somewhere!
我知道它在这儿某个地方!

She needs to find somewhere to live.
她需要找个住的地方。

He'll meet you anywhere you want.
他随你在哪儿见面都行。

Do you know anywhere I can buy a second-hand car?
你知道什么地方我能买到一辆二手车?

I can't see it anywhere.
我哪儿也见不到它。

sometime [ˈsʌmtaɪm] 在某时(不确切或尚未确定)
anytime [ˈɛniˌtaɪm] 在任何时候


I will see you sometime next month.
下个月的某个时候我会去看你。

I bought this sometime last summer.
这是我在上个夏天买的。

He can leave anytime he wants.
他想走的话随时可以走。

He can call me anytime.
他随时可以给我打电话。

I can beat you anytime.
我可以随时打败你。

something [ˈsʌmθɪŋ] 某事;某物
anything [ˈeniθɪŋ] 任何东西,任何事物;随便哪个东西;随便什么事物
nothing [ˈnʌθɪŋ] 没有什么;没有一件东西

I need you to do something for me.
我需要你为我做点儿什么。

When I want to do something, I do it.
当我想做某事时,我就去做。

I'm not tired, I have to do something, I'm so bored!
我不累,我得做点事,我好无聊!

We can't do anything.
我们什么都做不了。

Did you find anything?
你找到什么了吗?

I don't need anything from you.
我不需要你的任何东西。

There is nothing to eat.
没有东西可吃了。

We did nothing at the weekend.
我们周末什么也没干。

She pressed the button but nothing happened.
她按下按钮,但什么反应也没有。